Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a slander issue. My previous employer has been

Customer Question

hi.
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: i have a slander issue. My previous employer has been slandering, defaming me to their current eployees. I was unable to find work, so i started my own company now that i have my own company, hiring is difficult as they have malaligned my name in the market
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: VIC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all i think
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Do you have evidence of what has been said and to whom he has been saying this to and are they prepared to step up in court for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Liam,No no evidence. I have the knowledge of when I joined that company how they slandered former employees.When I reached out to recruit a candidate from that company (that I had never worked with)... he didn't return my calls. I managed to speak with another colleague that is friends with this guy, and he did pass onto me a text message where the company is telling people "she's a psychopath"Everytime I attend a networking or industry conference, if that company's employees are there,. even though i have never met them, they're pretty awful and hostile
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening.

You will need to have the evidence.

If there is no evidence you will not be successful in court. It is not enough to say what you have seen. If the new employers you are trying to work for are prepared to give evidence on what they are told this will assist you.

The text message may be something that you can use to send them a letter and demand they cease and desist.

That is the best you have.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards