Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My partner is going through her financial settlement and I

Customer Question

Hi there my partner is going through her financial settlement and I am about to move in, it was mentioned to us the co habitation could negativity affect her settlement, I don't financially support here as she has a job and this is only just occurring this weekend the move that is and here settlement is to be completed by June? thanks
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to our knowledge regarding us moving in together
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We went to court last week and were assigned mediation by court order to be done by end June for financial settlement, my partner is just about to apply for her divorce now the financial papers have been lodged though the court, ta
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
written is fine thanks
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Afternoon

If you move in with each other there is some support that will be inferred by the court and the other side will raise it.

What else would you like to know?