Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Local council in victoria want to enter my home to

Customer Question

local council in victoria want to enter my home to investigate a claim of illegal building works even though weve had a building permit can they do this
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: little river victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they said they had a report but won't give details that someone was living in the out building they dont have a copy of the original permit so say they will issue an order to investigate then check the site conditions against the building permit when they find it they entered the property last week and i asked them to leave as they scared me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no we just feel like there harrasing us
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

They have a right to gain access and if you do not allow them they can get an order.

They also do not have to give you details of who notified them.

Did you have a permit to do works and did you do any works?