Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Are you based in Australia, based in australia, nsw sydney,

Customer Question

Are you based in Australia
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: based in australia
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nsw sydney
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My son has been arrested for driving whilst not licensed. He is a repeat offender having been arrested at least 6 times. So his history is not very good also he has been served 2 years jail time. I understand he will definitely be sentenced to jail time. Is it worth have character references, letter from work and a letter from me to court to support his case?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is habitual traffic offender declaration? I guess I just want to know what he will be up for as a parent - just searching for any answers.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning.

You will need the character references to assist in the amount of jail time he will get and also if he is suffering from any medical condition that should also be provided to the court.

Habitual offence declaration is when the RTA issues him with a further 5 years disqualification if he has has 3 from the court in the last 5 years.

Here is some further information.
http://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/what-happens-if-you-are-declared-a-nsw-habitual-traffic-offender/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards