How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44641
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Perhaps. I was living in Australia and gave a 'friend' 10,

Customer Question

hello yes perhaps. I was living in Australia and gave a 'friend' 10, 400 $ as a loan, she has not responded to my emails and texts asking for it back. She has since set her crazy daughter onto me who has been harrassing me via phone and facebook threatening me and telling me id better stop messaging her mum. She (the crazed daughter) has a history or criminality, has spent time in jail and has threatened me and even sent malicious intent messages to my family via facebook!
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: they live in Perth, Western Australia. Are you in the USA???
JA: No. I'm the Criminal Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: what are you saying No to?
JA: I hope not.
Customer: you hope not??? I'm confused to what you are referring to?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet, I just got to Scotland a few days ago after travelling to see a frind in the USA on my way home from Australia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, just want to get an idea on what I can do. Where are you located?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

When you get home to Australia if the daughter keeps harassing you then you can take out an intervention order against her.

In relation to the the friend you have lent the money to you can start the process to get i back by issuing a letter of demand and if she does not repay it then sue her.

Here is the link on the process in western australia,

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.