Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

CAN YOU POTEST A CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT AND DEMAND A DNA TEST

Customer Question

CAN YOU POTEST A CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT AND DEMAND A DNA TEST BE DONE
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: QUEENSLAND AND I MEAN CAN YOU STOP A CHILDREN MAINANTENCE ORDER BEFORE IT STARTS
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THE MOTHER OF THE CHILD HAS RANG THE CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY AND THEY RANG MY SON TO SAY THEY WERE TAKING MONEY OUT OF HIS WAGE STRAIGHT AWAY
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOT AT THIS STAGE
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

If you dispute that the child is yours you can seek court order for a paternity test and if it is found the child is not your all money paid will have to be refunded.

You cannot stop the payments until the DNA test is done so you have to make an application with the Federal Circuit Court ASAP.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards