How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Brooy from Victoria on the 1st of May i sent some money

Customer Question

my name is*****'Brooy from Victoria on the 1st of May i sent some money overseas through a money transfer agent in dandenong. I was promised that the funds would be available on thursday the 4th of May . the funds have not yet been transfered into the designated account overseas up to date. Please inform me of what i could do in this matter.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I reside in the state of Victoria No i have not contacted any one as yet.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes in the last two days i have been trying to get an answer, but they keep on making excuses they will verify and let me know but they never phoned me back.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What action can i take to make certain the funds are transfered to the account overseas.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

Have you spoken with the money transfer agent?

If the money has not been delivered you should have the right to get it back.

You have to go back to the agent that you transferred it through.

Do you know the party that you were sending the money to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have spoken to the agent. Yes i sent the money to a relative for an emergency.
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

What has the agent told you?
They should be able to track the money.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am a disable pensioner
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They say it is gone.
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

You have to go to the agent and get them to tell you where the money is.

If the money is not in your relatives account the agent should be able to get it back.
They should be able to track it.