Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am blackmailed by a philipino woman who i had a video chat

Customer Question
Hi.. i am blackmailed by...
Hi.. i am blackmailed by a philipino woman who i had a video chat with and now has my private photos and is threatening me that she will send these to all my facebook friends if i dont pay her. I am in melbourne right now. I habe already paid her 300$ but she is asking for more. What can i do to stop this?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed by me?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i havent filed any complaints yet
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning.

I suggest you report her to the Police.

By paying her she now knows that you will pay and until she realises she has no power over you she will continue.

Also if you are dealing with her over Facebook tell facebook so that they also block her access.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

No she has already deleted her facebook account and deals with me through an app called imo. What do i do as she can create many fake ids to send my images to my friends list
also she is not in australia.. i pay her money through moneygram

Good Morning.

You take the app to the police and show them. They will advise you if they can do anything with the Philippines police or you have to go to the Federal Police.

Do not pay her anymore money.

Let the police deal with it.

But in doing so do I risk my fotos being leaked? and do I confront her saying I'll go to the police if you ask for more money?

The police should be able to stop her.

Paying her she will keep doing this and it will not stop It is extortion.

You go to the police first and tell her nothing.

i just go to the police and stop replying her?

Yes that is correct.

when i told her i'll be going to the police she asked for last 50$ and then told me that she'll block me and my contact and will not bother me ever. She has now blocked me so should i say the case is closed now?

You should not give her anymore money.

I would still report it to the police.

But that is your choice.

I cannot say if it is over because she may come back.

Leon, Solicitor