Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A fellow had power of Attorney and with drew over $60,000.

Customer Question
A fellow had power...

A fellow had power of Attorney and with drew over $60,000. from the account.How can we get the money back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Victoria . Probate has been granted. I am the Executor of the Estate. Can I make him pay it back, We have the bank statements to prove he took money out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No Not yet. We have a Solicitor who seems to be reluctant to do anything.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
4/1/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

It all depends on what the conditions in the POA are

If it is a general POA then you are going to have difficulty.

It may be a criminal offence as well and the police may assist.

Part 9 of the Act is where you have to look

Here is the Act

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/num_act/poaa201457o2014286/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards