How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44181
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and his family live on a unit in Hornsby. They got

Customer Question

My name is***** my son and his family live on a unit in Hornsby. They got two beautiful children. They live in this unit for long years now at least 6 years. Few things in their unit start to be broken. Last weeks about there dishwashers broke down they replace them at least for few days. Now the big issued here is that there Air conditioner broke well before the dishwasher. Maybe it could been at least for 4 weeks now this happened last Christmas Season. My daughter in law let them know and I don't know who is their real estate agent. Any way they told her that time they can not do any thing about it because everything is closed. So she make a follow up on this they told her that there is nothing they can do because its the Strata is the handling it. To make story short they won't change or replace the air conditioner where they live she heard so many excuses. My concern is that most of the time now is its so so hot here in NSW. And I'm worried about them they got only electric fan but for my two grand kids its difficult for them to sleep at night and even with my son and his wife. So can please help me to find out. What is their right? How can they possible make a complaint about how they been treated they always pay their weekly payment for their stay there. Where or who should we contact for this?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported? PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NSW
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning.

They have to put in the complaint in writing and if nothing is done they have to take this to NCAT and get orders to get the items repairs and also seek a reduction in rent.

They have to take it to court and NCAT is the place that deals with this type of matter.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening.

I am following up my last post and seeing if there is anything further I can assist you with.

I look forward to hearing from you.