Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am been sue by my prior immigration agent. She is claiming

Customer Question

Hi There, I am been sue by my prior immigration agent. She is claiming that I have published a defamatory and false review on her facebook page. She is asking for $9655.70. The review I wrote is not false, however I don't know if I said something that would seen defamatory. This is the review "Very unprofessional team and no customer service what so ever.
All the work is done by you including letters and forms, little help is provided. I have used different lawyers before and now i am using a new one the assistance is fully provided. Form and letters are guided by the agent. Customer servise is exelent there are no stupid questions as with Maria every question is stupid. They make you feel even worse at this difficult time.I asked to maria to withdraw my application she went for holiday did not reply my emails text and even blocked me all happened after I had paid her in fulll.At this moment I believe I am ilegally in the country as i haven't heard back from Maria and she blocked me on whatssapp.I cant contact immigration as they are in holiday. So, for your own good use a different immigration agent."The agent is from WA. she put the claim to Minor case Claim. Civil Jurisdiction.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am from QLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: she is from WA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

hello
Well if the statements were true, and a reflection of what had happened, then you have little to worry about.

You do need to put on a defence though, confirming that your statement was not defamatory and true and correct and the matter will proceed to hearing.

She needs to prove not only that it was defamatory, but she did suffer loss of that amount directly as a result of what you said.

I do not see how she can do this at all.

Other than that, you can offer her some money by way of settlement.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.