How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44177
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks. My office of employment is relocating from North

This answer was rated:

Thanks Deborah. My office of employment is relocating from North Ryde to CBD Sydney. At present I drive to and from work with an allocated undercover parking spot. There will be no parking at the new premises and is on the 39 floor of an office building in the CBD. I will have to drive to a nearby station then catch a train to Wynyard then work 10 minutes to the office. I have immediately told my employer that I will not be going to the new office but was wondering as I am 6 years of age would I be entitled to any compensation.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oh sorry Sydney NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I was just wondering where to start if I was entitled to anything.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been with the company for four years. I live 26 klm from my current employment. It would add another 1 hour to my daily trip. They have offered to change my hours but I do not wish to catch public transport. I accepted the position 4 years ago because of easy access by car. I have explained to them that I have both parents at 84 years of age with my mother having dementia and need to be able to have access to a car on short notice. I am also first on the list for Childcare emergencies for my grandchildren. moving further away from my circumstances just does not suit me. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Leon
I'm not at work at the moment. My dad is in hospital with suspected heart attack and I am looking after my mum who has dementia and taking her to and from the hospital. Would still appreciate any assistance. Have just taken careers leave for two weeks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You current contract dies it offer you a car space?

Are they relocating thew whole business or just part of it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Car space not in the contract. Just offered to on commencement. The whole office is relocating.

Who offered it to you?

Do they still work there?

As the whole business is moving you cannot refuse.

But if you were offered this even verbally not is part of your agreement and you should be offered similar in the new place.

You have to go back to this person or HR and negotiate with them. You are losing a perk with your current position and you would like to have an alternative in the new location. In relation to the change of location and extra travel I cannot offer you anything. But as the car space was offered and given to you it is part of your contract and you can seek to have that as part of the move.

This is the best I can offer you.

It is your word against theirs but you have had the spot and you can show that fro a number of years.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you