How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44849
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A have a problem SA, sorry? Could you wait for a few minutes

Customer Question

Hello, my name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: a have a problem SA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: sorry ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Could you wait for a few minutes I would;d like to write the hole story ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Leon.
I'm a single father I have three children.
Currently I am a full time university student and the government the amount of pay that they support us it is not enough I can't live with that much money. The government pays us every month $2602
And I must pay $1060 for unit rent .
$300 for wifi and phones
$300 for electricity and gas
$800 just for food
$250 my car fuel and maintenance
I can't buy anything else for my kids even when they ask me pizza!
So please tell me what organization do I need to go that I ask them to rise up my pay?
Or do you have any idea?
I really appreciate you.
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning.

I am sorry to hear about all this but I believe you are getting the maximum you can from the government.

All I can suggest is you try and get a part time job where you can supplement the money you get from the government. They will allow you to earn something and they will not cut the benefits.

You can also see if organisations such as and Smith Family or the Salvation Army can assist you with some of your costs.

But that is the best I can offer.
Again I am sorry to hear about your situation.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm 31 years old and children are 14,12 and 8 years old.
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

I understand.

I assume you are on the sole parents pension. Not working you do not get any entitlements to the tax brakes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do you know that they pay me the maximum?
If you count they pay for each child $70 per week, is it enough you think?I need to study over 40 hours per week if I have time I do part time job.
That is why I need help!!!
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

The sole parents pensions is $738.50 per fortnight plus the pension supplement which is $65.10 per fortnight

Here is the link from Centerlink

This is what they pay. They will consider an advance but it is a loan and they will want you to pay it back with interest.

You are currently on more than what the government says.

You may also be getting some form of study assistance.