How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44374
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just wondering if I have rights as an Aunty to get

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: i was just wondering if I have rights as an Aunty to get visitation
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: They live in nsw but I live in qld now
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No nothing just been told by my sister I am not allowed to see them after we had a falling out, nothing bad or serious just normal family stuff now I'm being told I can't see them and those girls are my world
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know my rights

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Under the family law act she is covered under section 65C

The last paragraph gives her the right to seek contact and parenting orders.

You have to follow the same process as the parents.

You should contact your closest family relationship centre. This is a free service provided by the Federal Government. Their website is

You can find your closest one on there.

The web-site also have alot of useful information and links to assist you.

Before going to court you must obtain a certificate from a family dispute resolution practitioner. You get this through the free service provided at the family relationship centres.

If you need to go to court then you will need to file an application in the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court and

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you