How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44671
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner and I are not legally married we separated a few

Customer Question

My partner and I are not legally married we separated a few years ago. We have 50/50 custody. My male partner will not give me his roster, or tell me when I can pick up the children
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: police liason has been involved and they have spoken to him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am the partner of the person's father. his daughter contacted me about what she can do when he refuses to give his roster and when she can pick the children up again.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Evening.

There is no law to say he has to give anyone his roster from work.

If you have 50/50 custody what agreement or orders do you have?

How long are the children with you before they go to him and how long does he have them before they come back to you?
If you have nothing written or made by a court you have an agreement that is not enforceable. If it is not working then you have to go through the process to get orders from a court to give you certainty.

You should contact your closest family relationship centre. This is a free service provided by the Federal Government. Their website is

You can find your closest one on there.

The web-site also have alot of useful information and links to assist you.

Before going to court you must obtain a certificate from a family dispute resolution practitioner. You get this through the free service provided at the family relationship centres.

If you need to go to court then you will need to file an application in the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court and

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.