How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44853
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This question is for a lawyer who is knowledgable in

Customer Question

This question is for a lawyer who is knowledgable in Australian Visa Law.
If a Filipino contractor fits with all criteria required to be granted a Temporary Work (short stay) visa - sub-class 400 to visit Australia for 4 weeks...
1. are they able to earn money while in Australia?
2. is the Australian company who invited them to Australia allowed to pay them for their time in Australia?
3. If 'Yes' to question 2, how should that payment transaction be done to comply with the law?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Leon,
FYI this is urgent. We need to submit our application urgently today.
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

I think you have to see a Migration Agent because if you are applying for the wrong visa you will be losing your money.

I am here to provide information but for ai urgent matter it is best to have an appointment and show someone everything and get it done correctly.

I have seen too many people lose money and get deported not taking the time to do things correctly and see an expert to file the papers.

MARA can refer you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, let's abort this process without charge. tks