Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am currently studying a Diploma from an accredited

Customer Question

Hi, I am currently studying a Diploma from an accredited organisation online, they changed over to a new learning platform in September. The existing students have to complete assessments to be able to transition over to the new course. The problem is, quite a bit of the relevant information for these assessments is in the new learning platform, not in the old platform. My question is, as we have all passed our modules and exams in the old platform, should we be given access to the new platform to be able to complete the assessments in the same capacity as the new students?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria, it is a national course, however the company is based in Melbourne
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Complaint wise?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all. I have only sent off an email to the management of the company, however I wondered if they can deny us access to the course material.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning.

I am not sure what you are asking? Have they changed platforms and not allowing you to access them? Are they allowing you to use the old platform and complete your studies with no penalty? Have they sent any emails explaining what they will be doing when they were going to change?