How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44867
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a neice who i have let stay in my unit since her

Customer Question

i have a neice who i have let stay in my unit since her mother died as she had nowhere else to go and now after two years of letting her board in my unit she is many months behind in her board and she refuses to leave
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: aspendale gardens
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i do not know the process
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 9 months ago.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Can you tell me the location of aspendale gardens? Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
south east suburbs victoria
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Your question should be switched from a U.S. category. I will contact the moderator to accomplish this. I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so an appropriate expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i did not think this was a 24 hr process so i would like to opt out of this now and look locally
Is this OK
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can you cancel this farce or not your immediate response would be appreciated
thank you
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to give her notice and it has to be reasonable. As she is not a tenant it is not covered by the tenancy act.

2 months would be seen as reasonable.
If she refuses to leave then you have to get an order from the court.The notice should be in writing.

I hope this make sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further Happy New Year and

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.