Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

L pay Child Support and have had my Tax Return for 2015/16

Customer Question

Hi Pearl...i'm James. l pay Child Support and have had my Tax Return for 2015/16 completed and CSA have my record but my X partner has not as yet had her's completed which from knowledge is to be submitted by 31st October? Her income is based on 2014/15 records which from my understanding is almost half of which she earns now. l know this as last Febuary 2016 l submitted an objection to CSA regarding an extension of time to accumulate funds for my youngest daughters dental needs. As a result l aswell as her mother had to submit our income/earning capacity which Linda's was $71,000.00. Her CSA assessment is based on $42,000. This being the case my payments to CSA would be reduced. CSA have informed me that a 55 day process would be involved to investigate Linda's Tax Return delay. Can you assist me in any way to have her income presented to CSA asap? Kind regards ***** *****
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: N.S.W.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: l have only spoken to CSA at this stage but l did ask whether cotacting you would be an option, which they said l could. l'm unsure whether l can contact the Taxation Office directly to ask the question?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As from January 2017 l am paying for my youngest daughter only as my oldest turned 18 in May 2016 but continued her support until end of school 2016. As l have informed CSA and my daughter,because legally l do not have to support her,l am here to assist her financially always.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
Hello
We just give online information here in my capacity as a solicitor.
I would however suggest that they have an undertaking that as the mother is being slow in providing the tax return, she at least provides some indication as to her income or in turn, accept a lesser amount due to her perhaps earning more.
You seem convinced she is is on a better wicket so to speak, how do you know this? If you are able to prove same, then the agency can make a judgement call in respect of same and see if the amount can be rescued.
I would also suggest contacting the tax office.
Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.