Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Bear with me I an a slow typer. My husband is in a secure…

Customer Question
Please bear with me...

Please bear with me I an a slow typer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My husband is in a secure mental health unite and wants to get him self out. I am his primary Carer. He wants to nominate a second carer to help him get discharged from the hospital. Cant that second carer do that with out my ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Do you mean in regards ***** ***** getting out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No what I have asked is the main issue I wish to discuss

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Good Evening.

If he has been committed by his doctors no carer can get him out.

When you say carer I will assume you have guardianship over him. If he is mentally incapacitated he cannot appoint anyone as he does not have the capacity.

If another person wants to be appointed and he cannot appoint them, they can apply for guardianship from the Tribunal.

But to be released it all depends on who has committed him into the institution.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further Happy New Year.

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor