How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question relates to giving temporary primary guardianship

Customer Question

My question relates to giving temporary primary guardianship of two high school students to a friend while I am living and working in another state.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Can I revoke the agreement at any time or are there some traps I should be aware of?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: State of South Australia while working in Queensland. No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, the person I want to give this to is a family member and everything is amicable within the family. I just want to know my rights thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening.

Where is the other parent?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no other parent, my partner is deceased
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Look I just need to know what rights I'm giving up and whether I can revoke the guardianship easily. I need this information right now and cannot wait for a long drawn out question and answer. Neither can I afford extra money. If you can't assist please refund my money thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, I was expecting online chat, there was nothing to suggest that this expectation would not be met. I cannot be near a computer for several hours. Sorry for the inconvenience. please refund whatever you have charged to my Visa card.
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning.

You get limited guardianship for the time you are away,

How long do you anticipate you will be away for. How old are the children?