How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44375
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away 2 years ago. At the time she was ill

Customer Question

Hi, my mother passed away 2 years ago. At the time she was ill she didn't want my brother to no(as she hadn't seen him in 24years and 2 phone calls in that time) so I honoured her request. Towards her end I tried finding my brother by police and old phone numbers couldn't find him. Now after this time, he is trying to find me via Facebook and ringing around our small town. I am so cranky at him as mums last 8 8months were hell for her. Why now? Do I have an obligation to tell him. I do have $20,000 in trust for him which I don't think he deserves.(I know that's wrong) I don't feel I should ring him it's been to long. Thanks Kerrie
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: In what do you mean?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to no do I have to talk to him. I have been in contact with mums brother he told me not to waste my time with him
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. My brother is causing havoc in my town by ringing around hassling shops
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

He has a right to know as he is a child and if she left that money fro him in her will you have to give ti him you cannot refuse to honour her will.

You do not have to have any contact with him after but you have to tell him that your mum has passed and give him his legacy.

If he continues to harass you then you can consider an AVO

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further happy new year and

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



If there is nothing further