How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44389
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My oldest son wants to move to Australia where I am as he

This answer was rated:

My oldest son wants to move to Australia where I am as he has been out of work for over a yeat and has another child on the way. There are so many job opportunities for him here and its a better lifestyle. He will be bringing his partner over too. He has a child from a previous relationship and he has gotten way behind in child support because of lack of work. I know that once he is working he can have an arrangement from here to pay child support but we are worried about him being able to travel with current debt amd also unpaid fines. He will be living with me initially until he finds a rental. I came here with a small fine that i paid as soon as i started work so i know it can be done
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. He has just been accumulating the debt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think thats the basics. Mostly worried that he wont be able to leave NZ and i want to book tickets asap

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Good Morning.

Has the NZ government sent him a letter advising that he is not permitted to leave the country?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are just concerned that he may be stopped at the airport. We really just need to know what he needs to do in able to get to Australia while he still has these debts. He has no way to pay them in full before he leaves

Good Morning

If there is no such letter or instruction to the boarder force and he would have ben notified, then they will not stop him.

He can make the enquiry himself and question them on the amount owing and what orders if any have been made.

But unless they have take the action of sending a notice to border force then he can enter and leave at his own free will.

The government agencies advise the parties of what they have done.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks for that. I will advise him to contact them again and make further inquiries.

You are very welcome

Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you