Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I purchased a contract Samsung S7 edge from Telstra less

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I purchased a contract Samsung S7 edge from Telstra less than 3 months ago,bought the phone under my company,I woke 2 days ago and the screen was blank took it back and I was told it would be sent to the east and no guarantees of specific time i would get it may be 1 or 2 weeks
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA I was then given a $20 PHONE AS A LOAN PHONE!!!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To whom?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
Well under the provisions of the contract and warranty, was there any provision to replace the phone in the interim?
I accept that this is an awful situation to be in, however there is a need to look to the above, as if it is silent, they are under no obligation to provide any phone in the interim when the Samsung is being fixed.