How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44689
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have purchased a Samsung J518 (2016) twin sim mobile from

Customer Question

I have purchased a Samsung J518 (2016) twin sim mobile from Kogan. TheKogan information advises that it is a 4G Twin SIM phone but when I received it the phone only operates with one SIM on 4G and the other on 2G. Telstra has shut the 2G access down. Telstra does not have twin Sim available themselves. Samsung Australia can not thelp even though they support twin sims overseas they can not help hete. I have tried to contact Kogan on1300 304 292 but after there introduction message they immediately direct you to a busy signal. How can you get Kogan to support the product they have misrepresented.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Qld
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I can not get to talk to Kogan to start the process cooperatively as a first step
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon

If the advertising is false you can ask fro your money back and if they refuse then you can sue for false and misleading conduct.

You need to get a copy of the advertisement and make sure it does mislead.

You can sue fro your money back and you should send them a copy of the advertisement and set out what the phone documentations says and ask for a refund and tell them they have mislead you.

Here is some information for you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further have a good christmas and new year.

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.