Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Do i have the right to ask for ID from a delivery driver who

Customer Question

Hi, do i have the right to ask for ID from a delivery driver who delivered an aircon that i was expecting and he informed me he had no ID on him or in the truck. He was wearing the company logo, however I am currently in a domestic violence situation where my house was set on fire by my ex-partner. So for all I know this delivery driver may know my ex-partner. I rang "The Good Guys" and asked them if they could verify that a delivery had been made to my house by someone who worked for them etc etc, I was told they would email me at the end of the day when the delivery drivers came back from their deliveries and have heard nothing?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Queensland, truck had company logo on it probably about 5 years
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: its not just that its the fact that at the moment they also do have my mobile number and have made them FULLY aware of my situation and that my mobile number is ***** to be given out yes i called them yesterday and have been waiting for a response. i requested an email response and i was also told that the delivery drivers are not required to carry ID. I actually said to the driver can you show me your drivers licensce and he said he didnt have it on him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just before i call the company and ask why i have not received any confirmation email as i was told i was going to be, is this something that i as a consumer am entitled to see ID for someone turning up at my house thank u
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

If you wish to know you can ask the delivery company.

They do not have to provide you with identification.

If they have not emailed you then you can email the company and seek the information and explain it all has to do with the Domestic Violence your currently have in court.

But there is no requirement to give you anything.

If your ex finds you and you then believe it was because of the company because of your requests you can issue the with a subpoena and the court will deal with the person that did the delivery.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistace. if there is nothing further have a great christmas and new year.

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards