Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

This is about employment matter/allegation meeting I have to

Customer Question
Good Afternoon, JA: Hi. What is...
Good Afternoon,
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: This is about employment matter/allegation meeting I have to attend tomorrow re my employment. location is Moorebank, 4 p.m. I need a support person to be with me. My apology for the urgency, do you or can you recommend one for me. thanks
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I received a letter allegations of misconduct in the performance of the job, I have prepared a reply with the guidance of a solicitor. I just need to provide the reply in the meeting, and I need a support person with me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all. thans
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
12/12/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello

Should you wish to have a employment lawyer attend with you, contact the law society NSW for them to refer you a competent solicitor:
www.lawsociety.com.au

In respect of the matter, you may be able to adjourn the meeting to allow time to have a solicitor present.

Should the allegations be that serious, I would presume that the employer is simply having the meeting to cover their interests before the employment is terminated.

If you believe the termination may be unfair, you can claim for unfair dismissal within 21 days of being sacked.

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ending-employment/unfair-dismissal

You will be entitled to up to 6 months pay and or your position back.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Daniel, Solicitor