How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44850
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just looking at how I can get a marriage annuled. I am

Customer Question

HI there, I am just looking at how I can get a marriage annuled. I am married to a filipino girl and we haven't been together for over a year. We were going to get a partner visa but her father died so I had to send her money to pay for all the hospital and funeral bills...since then i have been sending her money for her family. It is getting too much now and I think we need to divorce
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet, I am just considering my options
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know that there is no divorce in the Philippines so I would have to apply for an annulment. I need to know what options there are for that. thank you. Hey, I am not ready to start outlaying money here. Can I come back on this please.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I have paid the $5. I will wait for the answer.
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good morning.

In australia marriages can only be annulled for the following 3 reasons they will not annul for any other reason

  1. one or both of the parties were already married at the time
  2. one or both of the parties were under-age and did not have the necessary approvals, or
  3. one or both of the parties were forced into the marriage under duress.

If you have any other reason you have to separate and get a divorce.

If you are no linger wanting to sponsor her you can terminate your sponsorship and she will have to go back and her visa is cancelled.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

I am just following up my last post and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with. If so please let me now and we can go from there.

If not I wish you and your family a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous 2017.

Take Care and regards