How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sued over alleged defects on a property I sold

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been sued over alleged defects on a property I sold as owner builder , I cannot afford a solicitor since disable and paralysed after a massive stroke , can someone there help me ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes and a hearing is scheduled on the 31 /01 /2017 I sold my car to pay the solicitor and within 2 weeks the money are gone , have all documentation to prove it's not my fault in the way of photo evidence and council notes aslo
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Since I'm broke please make sure He or She understands my situation
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Are you denying the allegations?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
as I lived in the house for 3 years and never had any issues, he bought the house made alterations structurally internally and externally and now he is suing for defects , Leon if you are located in NSW this will not work I specifically asked for someone in Vic
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Afternoon

There is no solicitors online from Victoria.

I can give you some guidance the rules and laws are the same.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have huge financial problems after suffering a stroke I'm now paralysed and cannot afford a solicitor I cannot call you as it will be $ 88 , and you are in NSW I need someone in Victoria , If you cannot help me I would need my fee back please.
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

I will opt out.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Leon I even sold my car to get by , or I would use your services if I could