How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44900
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

But I have a question regarding immigration for a relative,

Customer Question

hi Yes, but I have a question regarding immigration for a relative
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW Sydney
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no just general advice
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to get advice from a lawyer who is experienced in last relative or humanitarian visa types, if possible
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

it is now become more difficult to advise on these types of matters I can give you some guidance but nothing more.

You would have to see a solicitor that is also a migration agent to assist.

Family visas are becoming very hard to get and with the issues with refugees the humanitarian visas are also very hard.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well my brother is 40 years old no kids, divorced and lives in Russia . He is a remaining relative for my mother who is PR in Australia. I would like to know what's the best option to choose since last relative can take up 50 years to process. His English is not good. and he owes a small business. I do not think he will fit into Skilled migration. But he can obviously come on the tourist visitor visa and apply for humanitarian and marry here during 2 year processing time. But he may not marry, is there any other way he could migrate?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
since his humanitarian visa will be most likely refused, I guess marrying is the only option. But it may be really hard to find a partner during 2 years
. so I was hoping for a different strategy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I meant to say he Owns a small business
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Are you saying that he has no relatives anywhere else in the world? His only relatives re in Australia?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
only in Australia
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

It is an option

here is the link to the visa

If he is in russia he has to make the application from there he has to remain there until it is granted.

There are limits on the number issued and if you want information about this you have to speak too the department.

He also have so have a sponsor here.

It is not going to be easy.

for a business visa he has to have $250.000.00 to get a visa for a business owner

I hope this makes sense and is of assistace .If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well i asked about any other options because remaining relative will take 50 year processing time.
you haven't actually assisted at all. is it a scam ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i will have to report scam, cannot believe for 80 dollars you sent me a link to remaining relative visa, when I told you i want another option.
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

This is not a scam

From what you have given me there is no other option for a permanent visa

All others are temporary and he will need to have cover for health etc.

There are student visas also and age care visa

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you are not a Migration Law Solitor, a student of some sort, or someone who actually googles info to answer
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

I have opted out and left it to others.

My qualifications are verified and you are free to look at them.

Take care and all the best

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to see your qualifications with years of experience in Migration Law only
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

I am not a specialist in migration law but offer the years have acted in the MRT and AAT for parties that have had visas rejected.

I am sorry I could not have given you more assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well its a scam if you are not specialist in migration law answering Migration Law questions for 80 dollars