How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44907
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get my mum to do a poa and guardianship but cant

Customer Question

i want to get my mum to do a poa and guardianship but cant find someone inexpensive o round crows nest neutral bay can you recommend someone?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: nsw sydney, nothing filed but i can print off forms and complete them with mum so just need witnessing and filing?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No as i was going to go however the fee of 70 threw me as the form is very simple as i am the sole nominated for poa and guardianship
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i cant think of anything
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

I completely understand what you are saying but to be fair, when a solicitor is doing a power of attorney they do not simply charge for the form being filled in.

The average time spent is 2.5 hours and at an average costs of $350.00 per hour the real costs are $875.00

Most solicitors will charge around $150.00 plus GST.

They need to see your mother on her own and get detailed instructions and ensure that she is not being coerced and is wanting it of her own free will.

Also if the POA is to give the right of sale it also has to be registered so they have to arrange to attend at the Land Titles Office.

If you wish to have one prepared by your self you can download them from the LPI and also from NCAT

The links are as follows

Many solicitors do not just use these forms they have their own and they add to them making sure that they are whatt eh client wants.

But you can have it done yourselves and they are valid. If you want them enduring it has to be witnessed by a solicitor, barrister or officer of the court.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.