How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44183
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a victim of an MVA in 1982, giving me many

Customer Question

My name is***** was a victim of an MVA in 1982, giving me many disabilities. I recieved my compensation in 1983 - 1984 . But in late 1984 I began getting an after affect resulting from an injury from the MVA. I had massive head injuriesin the accident. This caused my to aquire Trigeminal Neuralgia in the front temperal lobe of my skull which requires injections of medication which sometimes resolves the situation. It has be going on for 32 yrs infrequent trips to emergency. Sometimes within 7 days for an injection or 2 months its unpredictable. Is there anything I can do for compensation or not?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Western Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Can I ask what you mean ? It did go to court and I was compensated.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My episodes of hospital was at times it was every weekend, at one time I had 13 injections in the skull in 68 minutes and the injection relieved the pain for a few hours and then the pain from the injection lasted for days afterwards. There were times there were more than three injections. And days in bed. I can't go in the heat when it is over 23 degrees outside, air conditioning is compulsory
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning.

I am sorry but you cannot do anything now. You received your compensation in 1984 and that was for all your future needs.

You cannot get any further compensation now as the case is closed.

I also assume you signed a settlement saying it was final.

I am very sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Related Australia Law Questions