How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44191
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband has said he wants nothing to do with our

Customer Question

My ex husband has said he wants nothing to do with our children, he makes no contact with them and is not involved in there life. He has no address he lounge hops at mates places. What can i do to get his parental rights relinquished like hes stated. I have a parenting plan that im changing with a solicitor aswell, and making it into an order, but i dont know where the kids father is even living so how do i know where to get his paperwork sent
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have been documenting everything
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it i think for now
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning

You can make an application for residency with the court if he will not sign consent orders. But the court will not relinquish his parental responsibility unless there is violence.

Here is some information.

In terms of sending the paperwork if you do not know his where abouts but are aware of people he has contact with e.g. parents brothers and sisters et you ask for an order of substituted service.

The court will grant this.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning.

Just checking to see if there is anything else I can assist you with? If not than you for using my services and take care