Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have lost my late father will? my mother has also writen

Customer Question
i have lost my late...
i have lost my late father will ? my mother has also writen up a will and she wants to sell my home which was left to me in my father will , she says that she needs the money for her nursing care placement ie moving to a aged care home , unsure what to do now
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: we live in brisbane qld
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: both wills are with the local lawyer in burpengary
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks gary frost
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Good Morning.

If your father has passed away I would assume that the house is now in your name and she cannot sell.

If you father has passed away the reason you cannot find his will is because it was given to the court and you will have to contact the supreme court and ask for an exemplification of the probate that was granted.

If your father is still alive and then house is in his name your mother cannot sell it unless he agrees.

Until he passes the house is not yours.

You should also contact the solicitor that prepared the wills they may have copies.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor