How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44326
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding SA Law The State Government in SA is unreasonably

Customer Question

Regarding SA Law
The State Government in SA is unreasonably developing the Mt Gambier Prison continuously because of lack of space at Yatala - the main SA prison . Mt Gambier Prison is now bigger than Yatala - with a community size 1/50th of Adelaide's community size. It just keeps going on and on and on. No sooner they finish one project - they announce the next expansion. It is bringing horrible people in to town . A lot of the migrating criminals are reknown sex crime criminals. Another significant danger is - as Mt Gambier is low cost housing - there is high risk a lot of these people will end up staying in the community for long term. We are know already as the ICE Capital of Australia. Bearing in mind the council body is answerable to the State Government , being at Local Government Level . What recourse is there to say : A High Court Application to at least frustrate / slow the never ending process of expansion announcements. Its very worrying . Break ins are at a high . A woman attacked going round the lake last month. Things happening we don't hear of year in year out - but they're ramping up to awful levels.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning.

I am sorry to hear this.

If you wish to challenge the government you have to mount a class action in the supreme court in SA.

But you have to have a community back lash.

Also you can consider getting the medial involved to bring this to the attention of the rest of the state.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Related Australia Law Questions