Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My son in law had a car crash he was no insured but it was

Customer Question
not his fault there is...
My son in law had a car crash he was no insured but it was not his fault there is considerable damage how do I prove they are guilty have just recieved a bill for the other car what should he do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Western Australia - they have asked for the car to be examined but to no avail
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have reported this - he hit a company car and they are saying it was his fault - they are a young couple and it was definately there fault
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have changed there story twice and now they have send a invoice for repairs and payment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

If there are witnesses that can back him up and he has photos of the location of the cars after the collision these can assist.

She should be making a detailed record of what happened as well as diagrams as to where his vehicle was and what happened.

He is going to gave to get quotes for the repairs and send them to the other party requesting payment and if they refuse then tell them he will sue.

The process is set out in the following link

http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-wa/

It is his word against the other party but the more he can remember and if he has witnesses and photos at the scene they will assist in his case.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor