Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

In the early 1980 I took out a Lifestyle Investment and

Customer Question

In the early 1980 I took out a Lifestyle Investment and Protection Plan with Friends Provident Insurance. This insurance was paid up after 15 years and the then Insurance Agent Mr Walter Fritz calculated that we should receive a payout of about $87,423.00 at age 65. I approached an insurance agent to seek some clarification and was told that this applies only if I am retired. I am now 73 and have recently retired. Unfortunately I cannot find any Friends Provident Insurance Agencies. I have account statements and can scan and send copies if required.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: At the time of insurance I was in the ACT but now my residence is in Queanbeyan NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No because I was told at the time that I need to be retired to claim?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, given that this insurance company does not exist any more, I just need to know where I have to go to make a possible claim.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Are you still paying the premiums?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No the insurance agent made the insurance paid up
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning.

Do you have a copy of the policy and all other documents to confirm that it was paid in full?