How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44368
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I be pardoned for a DUI conviction, Vic, Yes I have gone

Customer Question

Can I be pardoned for a DUI conviction
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Vic
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have gone to court and got 4 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I get my license back due to hardship
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon

No there is no pardon.

After 10 years you do not have to disclose it but it will always remain on your record.

When did they sentence you with the 4 years disqualification?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Two months ago
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I get my license back due to financial hardship?
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening

Ok you have to be patient as they will not give it back to you now.

Victoria, like NSW does not have a hardship licence. If you do at least 50% of the time and do not commit any further offences and do not drive you can then apply to have your licence reinstated earlier.

But you have to have evidence that shows the hardship and also that you have done the right thing until then.

I am not sure why they have given you 4 years but you could have appealed it if you thought it was harsh but you have delayed this. Your time to appeal is 28 days from the decision.

You may have even been eligible for the interlock program and you could have driven with the device.

All of these things should have been discussed at the time with your solicitor.

If you did not have one then see one now and see if they can have the matter relisted for the interlock program.

But there is no work licence or hardship licence in victoria.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.