How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im divorced and paying child support for my son i need to

Customer Question

hi im divorced and paying child support for my son i need to visit him since i havent seen him from nearly two years
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: there was a avo against me which ended last april
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i attended the family relation centre and my partner was not supportive so they gave me a 6di certificate
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

I assume you do not have a solicitor to assist you in this.

You will have to now file an application with the Court and seek orders to start seeing the child.

The AVO was it against the mother and was there any violence against the child?

If the answer is yes what have you done to seek help for the aggression and can you get any reports etc to provide to the court?

Here is the link from the court about applying for parenting orders.

You will need to lodge an application and your evidence in the form of an affidavit.