How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44662
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you going to charge me? what are the penalties related

Customer Question

are you going to charge me?
JA: I hope not.
Customer: what are the penalties related to tresspassing?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to go over that information with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was recently arrested for trespassing and when they arrested me they said that this is will go on my permanent criminal record and said all this stuff about going to court etc. But ended up just taking my details and driving me home but to be safe i thought id ask what the penalties are regarding trespassing in case they contact me or i get sent a court notice.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i should also mention i am 16
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning.

If you are convicted by the court for criminal trespass then it will go on your record. As a minor, if you then have 5 years of no more conditions you can have the convictions spent and it will not be disclosed.

If you have not received a court notice and have not been to court then you will not have a criminal record.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

It is only if you go to court and the court sentences you after finding you guilty that you get a record.

All the best and good luck