How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5740
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dilemma at the moment i had a "Flatmate" in my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a dilemma at the moment i had a "Flatmate " in my property for a few weeks. He vacated after such a short time as he found a cheaper property due to the short time frame I didn't lodge a bond to the rta. And still actually have to pay him the bond. ( as he claims he hasn't received my transfer )
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i am a director of a financial company. He is now threatening to go to the police to report criminal activity sorry. Qld
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To whom ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also threatened to go to office or fair trading. The rba and lodge negative feedback online
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Invite him to do so, there is absolutely no recourse here.
He lived there a few weeks, would not warrant any drama at all, let alone triggering action by the police or fair trading.

I wish to help you in this situation.