How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44179
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small fine to pay of $460.90. It relates to late

Customer Question

I have a small fine to pay of $460.90. It relates to late payment of my dog registration ($299 fine) which I had a 40 year record of paying on time. I was moving house at the time and things got overlooked/misplaced. I had applied for revocation which was refused. Now I either have to pay by today or email an Application for Revocation to be heard by a Magistrate in open court which I have to attend. I do not want to incur further costs but I am willing to go to court as long as it is not too far from my home town of Beechworth.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes - an infringement of not paying dog registration on time (nothing to do with real estate!!)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if there is a risk of incurring further costs if my application for revocation is refused by the Magistrate.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning,

I would suggest that you contact the council that issued it and request if they are prepared to withdraw the fine based on your record.

A detailed letter esop;aining the situation and how you had not received the renewal because you had moved and evidence of the move would be enough.

Before you elect to go to court send a letter with your request and the information and if they are not prepared then elect to go to court.

also pay the actual rental but not he fine.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.