How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I make child protection services accountable for not

Customer Question

how can I make child protection services accountable for not following the young persons and families act in not conveying a family group conference when it has been requested since jan this year.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tasmania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have five grandchildren who have been in care since 2007, they are under orders till 18. They have been with the one foster family. The foster parents last Jan moved the family to Queensland. The carers told the department it was for only 12mths. Mid Sept this year, the carers advised the department that the move would be permanent. I have court orders, which to have a continued and valued maintained relationship with my grandchildren. My daughter-n law and her mother, with myself have requested that a conference be granted to discuss the move to Queensland, the team leader keeps saying that when it goes to court for the change over to Queensland Child Protection, then they will only have one if the courts say they have tol
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Evening,

Are the orders from the family court?