Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I left dubai last March 2013 with an outstanding debt, and…

Customer Question
Hello, I left dubai last March...
I left dubai last March 2013 with an outstanding debt, and they told me that they are not able to issue my police clearance, my case officer is asking me to ask that police clearance but how? I already sent them a copy of my previous application to prove that i tried.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Good Afternoon

Are they refusing to give it to you because you left without paying the debt?

Does your police record show the debt and you want to show nothing ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
obviously they bring it to court, does this means that its a criminal record?

In Dubai it is a crime to owe money. But not in Australia.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will my PR application be refused without my dubai police clearance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already sent to my lawyer all the pages of documents that i sent to Dubai including stamp from UAE embassy and my finger prints...

They will not process it without it.

You have to comply with the requirements in Dubai to get the clearance certificate.

If you do not then your PR will not be processed. There is nothing that you can do to force them They are a govt department and you have to comply with their rules to be able to get the certificate.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards