How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44619
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left dubai last March 2013 with an outstanding debt, and

Customer Question

I left dubai last March 2013 with an outstanding debt, and they told me that they are not able to issue my police clearance, my case officer is asking me to ask that police clearance but how? I already sent them a copy of my previous application to prove that i tried.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Are they refusing to give it to you because you left without paying the debt?

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Does your police record show the debt and you want to show nothing ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
obviously they bring it to court, does this means that its a criminal record?
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

In Dubai it is a crime to owe money. But not in Australia.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will my PR application be refused without my dubai police clearance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already sent to my lawyer all the pages of documents that i sent to Dubai including stamp from UAE embassy and my finger prints...
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

They will not process it without it.

You have to comply with the requirements in Dubai to get the clearance certificate.

If you do not then your PR will not be processed. There is nothing that you can do to force them They are a govt department and you have to comply with their rules to be able to get the certificate.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.