How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44898
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who has been contacted by the police

Customer Question

i have a friend who has been contacted by the police department in regard to his ex partner trying to put a restraining order on him . the allegations are completely false but i can see it could hurt his professional career which i believe is exactly what she is trying to do as a revenge tactic
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he will be served papers on Tuesday at 4pm
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i guess i am trying to get as much information for him on how to defend this as he is away overseas for work and feeling quite confronted and stressed .
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi my name is Sue thank you for your assistance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am unable to discuss on phone im sorry as i have an office full of staff
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

He has to get a solicitor to assist him. The papers will have a court date on them and also a set of facts. He will have to appear and refuse to accept the order and the court will list the matters.

Here is some application from Legal aid about what the partner has to prove to get the order.

The partner will be represented by the police and your friend will need to have his solicitor assist him.

Once he receives the information he can get more detailed advise.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.