How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44178
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for legal advice regarding my rights as a stay

Customer Question

I am looking for legal advice regarding my rights as a stay at home mum. I have worked in the past but since moving to Australia 5 years ago have not, only studied. I have four children, one who has not started school yet. I am in a very unpleasant relationship and he is now threatening me with getting me to leave the house - I have no where to go with the kids and no one in Australia. I have no job. He wants to be with the kids but me to do all the looking after while he attends to his own affairs. I feel he has kept money issues to himself whenever I have been out of work to mind the children over the years and he tends to continually have a go at me to start arguments. Have I got any rights here, could you advice me. Many thanks,
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oh I thought you gave advice on other issues also. Can you advice of anywhere I may contact.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well there was a problem before we left home, he had been with my sister a good few years back and no one told me until he tried it on with my niece who I think was 14 at the time.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Is he threatening you with violence and is the relationship over?

If the marriage is over you can apply for centrelink payments and also take the matter to court to get spousal maintenance for him to pay you and also child support for him to pay for the children.

Here is some information.

If there is violence involved you can take out an AVO and the police and support you in having him leave the house.

I hope this makes sense and is off assistance If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.