How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5776
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a district court in Queensland recover awarded court

Customer Question

can a district court in Queensland recover awarded court costs from an aged pensioner who receives an aged pension as the only means of income, please advise thank-you.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Queensland.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not as yet but it is about to be issued
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no this is my concern at present thank=you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

In short, yes they can award costs from a pensioner.

Commercially though, it is not really worth pursuing, as with an aged pensioner, he may well have little by way of funds / assets, but sadly, yes they can still pursue them and award costs.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you