Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I want know my parent live in india since 25years can i get

Customer Question
hi i want know...
hi i want know my parent live in india since 25years can i get india passport .
JA: Has anything been prepared or filed so far? Have you consulted an attorney?
Customer: No
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: andra pradesh
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am from nepal i study india nursing but i did not get registration.my father have india goverment job but same goverment refused me why i am unmarride .i think i have right stay with my parents.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: no it problem from Inc
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
11/7/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

If your parents were born in India you should be able to apply and get your passport by descent.

If they were not born in india you cannot get indian citizenship.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want live with my parent.and I want to do job in India.can I get prement working visa.

You have to apply for a work visa but you first have to contract the Indian consulate and see what the requirements are.

Are you parents born in india?

Leon, Solicitor