How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44191
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancée has been in Australia for a total of 12 months on

Customer Question

My fiancée has been in Australia for a total of 12 months on a tourist visa .
She is due to return home on Jan 21 when visa runs out .
We do not have the funds at present to apply for partner visa .
Is there any options available to us for her to continue to visit while we save for fee approx 6 months
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

My apology for the delay. I was not online.

Does her visa allow her to re-enter?

If so she can travel to NZ or another place close by, spend a week overseas and on return she can again stay for the period she is allowed to.

If it is to expire she can seek to have it extended past that date and this has to be done before the visa expires.

She also has to show will will be continuing to be a tourist.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.