How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am asking on behalf of my mother, it turns out that when

Customer Question

Hello, I am asking on behalf of my mother, it turns out that when my mother retired back in 2011 her last Payg June 2012 was incorrectly created as a full years pay but she only worked 6mths. This has now come up as an issue with Centerlink and the ATO and my poor mum is stressing out.. I need to know what to do next and how to have this fixed?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oh sure, NSW sorry
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, the ATO did not pick the error, nor did the HR Block person who put the tax refund through.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mum alerted Centrelink well before she retired and had to give an estimated income for the financial year. She estimated half of yearly earnings then added a few thousand dollars to be sure.. she estimated 25,000 but she would not have actually earned that amount.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening.

What is the issue with then. She would have declared what she received and prepared tax returns.

Was she not given a PAYG statement from her employer at the time?